Google a Name
In 1902 the site of the present Lancaster Cemetery was donated to Los Angeles County by Benjamin Franklin Carter. The cemetery was first used in April of 1903. Those with burial dates prior to 1903 were moved to this location from other sites.
In 1949 interest was shown locally in establishing a Lancaster Cemetery District due to the fact that there was much neglect and the county allocated no funds to the cemetery. Petitions were circulated and private donations were given to get the district stated. On January 31, 1950 the Lancaster Cemetery District was officially formed.
©Copyright 2006-2022 Antelope Valley Genealogical Society, Inc. All rights reserved